Saturday, May 8, 2010

Audition Results

Wow, it's been a while! So a lot of things changed according to my original plan.

1. I am NOT auditioning for Guys and Dolls Jr. I am absolutely positive that it is the right thing to do. I'm just busying myself by getting involved, and I'm not sure I would like the inconvenient location of the theatre. I really like Guys and Dolls, so I'm hoping I'll have an opportunity to perform in it at another theatre/time.

2. I DID end up auditioning for a cabaret-type show called "Songs that Go Like This" and A Christmas Carol. I got callbacks for both of them! So I went to the callbacks, and I have officially made the cabaret show. They have not announced the results of A Christmas Carol. In fact, they are pushing the additional callbacks to early June. So that's when I will find out.

3 comments:

  1. One question: Is Christmas Carol going to be performed in Summer? Or are you going to spend a while rehearsing it? I know my theatre groups spend 2 months putting shows together. Just curious. Congrats on the cabaret!

    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Fingers crossed about A Christmas Carol! Just curious, did you end up talking to your voice teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maya- A Christmas Carol will be rehearsed september-till early december, when it will be performed. So we have about three months of rehearsals. Thank you!

    Bway2b- Thanks, I appreciate it! No, I didn't end up talking to her. The reason was, was because I realized it's best for me to stick with soprano. Even if mezzo roles are all that seems to be out there, there is still the need for sopranos! Especially in school. My school has like 70% altos/mezzos and 30% sopranos. So lately, I have had less competition while auditioning for our school productions. I guess I can always talk about this in a post!

    ReplyDelete